Every two weeks, Search Influence’s Kelly Benish — who knows practically everyone in hyperlocal — covers some of the latest job changes taking place in this dynamic industry. (Plus, scroll down for jobs on offer now.)
Christopher Hart – Linkdex
One of my favorite people in the business, Christopher Hart, had everything going his way as a happy newlywed when Blueglass went under. He worked at as the company’s VP of services and account management and was not only very well connected but an advocate for the surprisingly troubled company. He has just been scooped up by London-based SaaS platform Linkdex. Chris is a great new addition to the team as he is well-experienced in content, SEO, publishing and many other areas of online marketing. Congrats Chris, well deserved change!
David Karabag – Centro
I caught up with David Karabag at the LMA/BIA Kelsey Digital Agency Summit this week where I was informed that he switched roles from director of digital product management at Belo to the director of affiliate program development at Centro. At Belo, David led the product division to collaborate with their 15 local markets in an effort to grow and enhance existing products as well as develop new revenue and offerings.
Robert Ganley – Ballantine Digital Media
BuzzTown, the digital agency and platform stemming from traditional media company Ballantine Digital Media just brought on Robert Ganley to handle operations, finance and HR. Bob comes from Freedom Communications where he was their senior director of interactive sales and has a unique skillset that will inevitably take Ballantine to the next level.
Scott Burton – Cox Media
One of my traditional media comrades that I had the pleasure of meeting at the Inland Press group executives a couple of months ago was the regional advertising director at The News and Advance out of Virginia. He recently decided to up and move his family down to Pensacola to head regional sales for Cox Media. It’s a great move and I just wanted to wish Scott Burton all the best in his new adventure!
Karen Magee – Time Warner Cable
Karen Magee has been named executive vice president, chief human resources officer at Time Warner Inc. In her role effective in early January of 2014. Magee will be responsible for the company’s human resources strategy encompassing global compensation, benefits, global organizational and leadership development, worldwide recruitment and executive search, and diversity.
Joe Hurd – Gannett
Joe Hurd has been named vice president of business development at Gannett Broadcasting to spearhead new partnerships and strategic planning. He was the former vice president of public policy and communications at UniversityNow, Inc, a network of the most accessible and affordable private universities.
Plus where to look for jobs now….
Plus new talent looking now….
– Highly talented seasoned veteran in corporate strategy, business development and sales seeks a new role, tri-state based
– Global head of digital product for a major telco in the UK seeks a new role. Over 15 years of experience.
– VP of product in California is interested in a new role, over 20 years of varying expertise. Highly recommended.
– Ex-Googler based in NYC seeks new business development role.
– Social media maven and marketing newbie starting out in Saint Louis MO seeks an entry level role.
– President of online consulting firm, works with IYP’s & newspapers and eventually moving over to loyalty-based and digital solutions. Willing to relocate from New England.
– Director of development in the Boston metro area, with 6 years of business development, customer acquisition, partnership building & product development. Available now.
– Current VP with 29 years experience in sales management, corporate actions, HR and business development. Located in the Charlotte metro area & ready to move now.
If you are interested in any of these candidates or you would like to be featured as such, please e-mail me at email@example.com for more information.
Kelly Benish is VP of sales and marketing at Search Influence, a national online marketing firm focused on SMBs and white label online marketing for publishers and media partners who serve them. You can follow her on Twitter @Lokellsearch.